Zero Customer Service

Home Forums miniSpartan6+ hardware design Zero Customer Service

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rubenvann 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

I ordered a miniSpartan6+ on Monday and had a few questions because it was backordered but I have gotten zero customer service response what so ever on the Contact Us system. I don’t know how else to contact you guys?

DogP
    Participant

I’ve been kinda wondering what’s going on with them also. It doesn’t seem like they’re generally very active (very few posts here, and on their social media pages), but I was surprised to see all of their items go out of stock w/ backorder only. I can’t imagine that someone bought all the boards, so I figured there was probably a reason they pulled them (work, travel, etc).

I really like these boards (both the MS6+ and MS3 have been my go-to dev boards lately), but it doesn’t seem like they’re ever going to take off without a community, and there can’t be a community if people can’t get their hands on a board.

DogP

Hlide
    Participant

I also ordered a miniSpartan6+ (since 2016-01-30) but the order status is still “processing” (I wish they’d give us an estimated time to get it). No idea what it does mean… There is no apparent way to cancel the order and I feel the customer service is inexistent and looking at posts in forums is a little bit alarming…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Hlide.

Nazboul
    Participant

Ordered mid January. No information, no nothing..

I’ll give them two more weeks, then it’s time to stop them from getting other peoples money as well. As in, Paypal, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Hackaday, their hosting provider, github, and anything else I can find their name on. Taking peoples money for a product, and not delivering is fraud..

Heck, I’m good with delayed delivery, as long as they tell me _when_ it’ll arrive.

Matthew
    Participant

I went ahead and disputed the charge with my credit card company. These guys are ghosts. Coincidentally I live 30~ minutes from them .. I was really excited about buying one of these boards. You still can get one at Robotshop.com, but now I’m worried that I will get shitty support from Scarab for the board if I need any help down the road..

DogP
    Participant

Interesting… I didn’t realize anyone else was actually selling these. That’s what it seemed like they needed to do all along… they’re able to make stuff, but the communication and logistics of getting them to the customer always seemed to be severely lacking. Maybe they sent all their stock to them and that’s why everything is backordered. I wonder if lingering Kickstarter issues are still haunting them too.

IMO, I wouldn’t have any concerns about purchasing the board from Robotshop… if the board is DOA, I assume they’d take care of you… and beyond that, it’s a great FPGA dev board with all the documentation available. I personally wouldn’t expect much other support from them (if they haven’t already made an example project that you want, I wouldn’t count on it coming… and if you fry your board, I wouldn’t expect a replacement).

DogP

admin
    Keymaster

We are sorry for the lake of communication over the last couple of weeks. Part of it was because we are still a small start-up that we run beside our full-time jobs. Also we were not able to give accurate timeline for the production.

All the backorders will be shipped in 2 weeks from now. Kits are already in production.

Sorry again for any delay.

Matthew
    Participant

Hello Admin,

I’m glad to hear from you. I do understand that this is a small start-up, and I understand that you guys can’t do this full-time (yet?). I guess I feel like if you provide a service, you should at least open up a channel of communication while being busy in real life. I was just getting scared when I started researching your company after purchasing the miniSpartan6+ and found basically a dead zone of communication on the internet (like on Twitter, etc). I hope I can communicate with you over your Contact Us system? My charge was disputed, but if you think you can ship in two weeks I will buy it, but I’m guessing I may have to do recharge it?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Matthew.

Nazboul
    Participant

So, over two weeks have passed.

No email, no updates in this thread, no nothing.

What’s up with that, admin ?

Hlide
    Participant

Today: “Order #xxxx was placed on January 30, 2016 and is currently Processing.” Clearly not shipped after more than two weeks. No email at all.

And still: “On Order, Estimated Ship Date: 2/26/2016” at page https://www.scarabhardware.com/product/minispartan6-with-spartan-6-lx-25/

Today is 2016-02-29… something is clearly wrong.

P.S.: I was lucky to find the order status page in my web browser history but it is clearly a pain in the arse to get it back otherwise. That website really sucks.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Hlide.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello our dear customers,

We have not disappeared, just dropped the ball, really really hard. And we offer our sincere apologies for this.

We are a small startup, so we have to raise funds through sales until we have enough funds to manufacture small batches of our hardware, which
    is why things are out of stock, but we are working on manufacturing boards to meet your current orders. We thought they
    would be ready by February 26, but we have a one week delay in our assembly.

We truly appreciate folks ordering our hardware, despite our apparent disappearance from the internet, and hope you
    keep coming back.

The web order status functionality is deliberately inaccessible, because we do not currently update it. We will fix this.

Also, there are a number of distributors out there carrying our hardware now, and we will provide links to them, so you
    can order our hardware when it is out of stock on our own website.

Again, deep heartfelt apologies for apparently ghosting on you, and a big thank you for your orders.

Scarab Hardware,

chad
    Participant

Do you have stock?

if so please can you update website?

and confirm who else has stock in Europe?

I have sent emails, no response….

I have been trying to order for some weeks.

regards

Hlide
    Participant

Ok, almost two weeks after February 26. No news about shipment after Monday, I’ll cancel my order through PayPal.

DogP
    Participant

I noticed their store now shows that the boards are in stock.

DogP

Hlide
    Participant

I also noticed my mailbox is still empty *sigh*…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.