Project ideas for miniSpartan3?

Home Forums miniSpartan3 Project ideas for miniSpartan3?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  a2retro 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DogP
    Participant

I’m kinda intrigued by the miniSpartan3… I’ve owned several Spartan-3E dev boards, but had pretty much written off the Spartan 3 series in favor of the Spartan 6. But, the miniSpartan3 board, at that price, is quite interesting. I’m just a bit curious what people (and even the designers) have in mind for this board.

It looks like the main interfaces are USB, HDMI, ADC, and GPIO. Without RAM, the HDMI seems a bit limited, though I guess you could use it as an input, process a small section of the screen, and stream the data over USB (i.e. stream news ticker text to a PC). Or, as an output, you could make a cheap video test pattern generator, or generate a simple video display showing ADC readings or GPIO values. Of course you could do a logic analyzer/oscilloscope project with just the USB and GPIO/ADC… or just use it for the logic as a cheap FPGA add-on for an existing project.

What are your thoughts? Anyone plan to pick one of these up?

DogP

a2retro
    Participant

Hi DogP, my projects center around creating new hardware for my favorite old Apple II systems. There have been 2 FPGAS boards created for Apple II’s but they are both fairly expensive (exceptional but $$). I was hoping to design a bus adapter for the minspartan3 or 6 to make a more affordable FPGA card.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.