Are both 50Hz and 60Hz HDMI supported in example projects?

Home Forums miniSpartan6+ hardware design Are both 50Hz and 60Hz HDMI supported in example projects?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nicolaje 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

threeedot
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to get those example projects working with my minispartan6+ LX9. I can’t get that HDMI_in_out project working. Some LED blink project from ‘hamsterworks’ worked out of the box. So, I think the problem is not with my programming flow. However, with some googling I found out that HDMI is working either with 60Hz or 50Hz. I’m from Europe and we are having 50Hz mains power supply network here. Are those example projects supporting that frequency natively or should I make some tweaks to get them working? Any suggestions how to troubleshoot the problem?

threeedot
    Participant

Where is the edit button on this forum?

720p stream was tested with old tablet and with PS4.

nicolaje
    Participant

Hi,

50Hz mains power supply has nothing to do with the HDMI frequency.

I am from Europe too, and I could get the “HDMI_out” project to work with a Minispartan6+ LX25 https://github.com/scarabhardware/miniSpartan6-plus/tree/master/projects, but like you, I couldn’t get the HDMI_in_out project working with an Apple TV, a PC or a TV tuner, trying different resolutions.

Let me know if you made any progress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.